THE ARSENAL WAY:
- To progress to your full potential as a football player it is vital to have the correct attitude both on and off the football pitch. You need to be as positive and dedicated as possible to fully master your skills and you need to be cool and composed when under pressure to keep control of the moment you’re in.
- Always respect your team mates, your opponent, your coach and the referee. In order to get the best out of your team it’s important to appreciate the efforts of those around you. If you fail to respect the opponent you underestimate their potential, which can make your own standards fall below your usual level. Football should be played in the spirit of fair play, encouragement and fun. Take advice from your coach to help your game improve and remember self-respect is key for your own development as a player and a person.
- At Arsenal we believe that skills and technique are essential to inspire creativity, flair, excitement and entertainment. Skills can help make football fun, help you improve as a player and help you beat your opponent. Be inventive with the turns and tricks you use to move the ball, use both feet and don’t forget to work on the basic skills such as control and passing.
- You need to have lots of energy to get the most out of playing football. The longer you can maintain a high level of fitness for, the more this will benefit you in games. If you’re not as fit as you can be, it becomes difficult to play to your maximum level. Drink plenty of water, avoid junk food and be as active as you can in your day to day lives.
- Embrace your coach’s ideas and always think about different ways you can improve tactically and technically. Be creative with your thoughts and express them on the field whenever you can.
All for One
- As much as you can work on your own development, football is a team game. The more you work with your team mates the better you will become as a player and a team. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from football is a game that can be played by everyone. Enjoy the feeling of belonging to a team and do all you can to help your team mates.
- Learn how to play the Arsenal way. Football based around passing and movement, technique and skill. Incorporating the principles of fair play, teamwork, expression and fun!